The Color Purple

Chanara Smith-Rookes
Ms. Roundtree
3 October 2017


The Color Purple 


Growing up, The Color Purple is embedded within my memory even at a young at. Before I even knew Opera Winfrey as the TV personality or having her own TV network, I saw Ms. Winfrey as the actress that starred in this movie and my other all time favorite, Beloved. Even though I was not raised in that time frame, I related emotionally to this movie because seeing woman who look like me going through the abuse they did and knowing this happened for years, makes you sympathetic and grateful that times have improved. 

Seeing that The Color Purple was turned into a musical with singers that I have high respect for, Jennifer Hudson and Danielle Brooks, immediately made me want to see it. They are coming to Tampa to perform this production during Spring Break and I am highly considering it. If the performances are anything like the videos posted on the blog, I am sure one would not be disappointed. 

Comments

Popular Posts